Snort mailing list archives

No TCP alerts, only UDP and ICMP

From: Y M <snort () outlook com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 17:41:15 +0300

I have a Snort sensor that sees all traffic (TCP, UDP, ICMP) but alerts on UDP and ICMP only and not TCP.

I verified that the interface is getting TCP packets through tcpdump and also verified that Snort processes TCP packets
by running Snort in verbose mode (-v) as well as the statistics from Snort when it stops. However, no TCP alerts get
generated when running Snort to dump the packets (-b) or the usual unified2 output.

The ruleset (generated with PulledPork) has many TCP rules plus several custom ones. Has anyone faced a similar
situation?

Thanks.
YM