Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fixes for autosnort users as well as all Debian 6 and CentOS 6.3 snort report users

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2012 14:03:17 -0500

On 12/2/2012 12:23, Tony Robinson wrote:
No worries, Waldo sorry if I came off as defensive or terse in my responses.

:)

So what this boils down to is, if I were to do a search for all "<?" strings,
and either via sed or other means, modified all instances of "<?" to "<?php"
would that resolve the need to change the short_open_tags option in php.ini?

kinda pretty much, yes... but i'd search for "<? " and change it to "<?php "...
other than XML, i'm not aware of anything else that uses "<?" as its first two
starting characters... other languages use other short tags but not "<? " TTBOMK...

one might then see if they can get it reported back to the maintainers and see
if they'll fix it up in any new code they generate...