Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.3.1, Barnyard2 2.9.1 and Mysql issue

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:25:24 +0000

That's odd.  We build regular boxes all the time, and i just did a few
of the new snort builds and they didn't have any sql as part of the
build

'./configure --enable-zlib --enable-reload
--with-daq_includes=/usr/local/include
--with-daq_libraries=/usr/local/lib --enable-perfprofiling
--enable-ppm --enable-static-daq'

and then we build barnyard with the sql bit './configure --with-mysql
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib64/mysql --with-tcl=/usr/lib64'

You are doing your own barnyard compile right?  I noticed you use
mssql.. i don't have any experiance with that part, but it should be
close to the same.

have you tried building barnyard again?

Looking at the barnyard source, this does seem like a barnyard error

src/output-plugins/spo_database.c:            ErrorMessage("database:
'%s' support is not compiled into this build of snort\n\n", type);

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 6:00 PM, Eric Biederman