Snort mailing list archives

Re: http_inspect tuning issue

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 09:09:25 -0400

Which would be highly discouraged.

The suppression will merely eliminate the alert.  You can disable the alert directly within http_inspect if you wish,
but there won't be any cost savings (referring to Waldo's email).  I am going to file a bug here as something doesn't
look right.

Shane, do you have packet captures of this activity you can send me off list?

--
Joel Esler