Snort mailing list archives

Re: Expect Script

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 14:47:08 -0400

A lot of people talk about the old program "swatch" for this kind of thing.

--
Joel Esler
Sent from my iPad

On Aug 14, 2012, at 5:30 PM, Nicholas Horton <fivetenets () me com> wrote:

Hello Snort Developers,

Is it possible to kick off an expect script if a specific alert gets triggered?

If so where and how do you tie the script to the alert?

Also, if it's possible to kick off an expect script can I pass variables such as the source ip from the alert to the
script?

Thanks in advance!
Nick