Snort mailing list archives

Question About Variables

From: Nicholas Horton <fivetenets () me com>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 17:07:10 -0400

Would this work to create a variable up top and I want to use the bind_to for several IPs but just want to append the
last octet?  Then everything not specically identified to just assume its Windows.

I know in Windows you might use a "&" to combine a variable with text but wasn't sure how this was preferred in the
Snort.conf.

ipvar MPE_NET 10.10.10.

preprocessor frag3_engine: policy BSD bind_to $HOME_NET.11
preprocessor frag3_engine: policy Linux bind_to $HOME_NET.12
#on and on for maybe a few more.
#then I want to assume everything else is Windows.
preprocessor frag3_engine: policy windows detect_anomalies overlap_limit 10 min_fragment_length 100 timeout 180

Thanks again,
Nick