Snort mailing list archives

Re: Fwd: Missing packets with by2

From: Jim Hranicky <jfh () ufl edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 15:13:34 -0400

On 07/24/2012 02:50 PM, beenph wrote:

1.10.2 - I have patched it to log event info straight to acid_event,
but I wouldn't think that would interfere with inserting into the
data table, but I suppose you never know.

1.10.2?
Are you sure your using barnyard2 and not barnyard?

Yep, it's actually firnsy-barnyard2-f71a8d3 .

Whats your by2 configuration?

   config reference_file:      /etc/snort/reference.config
   config classification_file: /etc/snort/classification.config
   config gen_file:            /etc/snort/gen-msg.map
   config sid_file:            /etc/snort/sid-msg.map
   config hostname:            <snorthost>
   config interface:           eth0
   config dump_payload
   config dump_payload_verbose