Snort mailing list archives

Re: [barnyard2-users] Fatal error after upgrading barnyard2

From: Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 17:03:12 +0200

Hi Eric,

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 4:28 PM, beenph <beenph () gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Miguel Alvarez <miguellvrz9 () gmail com> wrote:
Good morning,

I upgraded barnyard2 earlier this week to the 1.10 final from beta2
(thank you, elz!) and realized that some of my by2 processes had died.
 Looking in the logs, I see these from the MySQL output plugin for my
Snorby instance:

Sep 29 03:27:49 nids12 barnyard2[18511]: FATAL ERROR: database
mysql_error: Duplicate entry '16-78634' for key 'PRIMARY'

Is this error message complete? It seem's like the table name is missing.
And this would help to diagnossis what could have heppened.

Yes, that's the complete message, there is no table name given in the log.

I tried removing all existing logs files in case waldo was getting
lost and trying to re-insert already sent records but that didn't seem
to be it.  What can I do to resolve this problem?

How you by2 config file look like?

config utc
config reference_file:      /etc/snort/reference.config
config classification_file: /etc/snort/classification.config
config gen_file:            /etc/snort/gen-msg.map
config sid_file:            /etc/snort/sid-msg.map
config daemon
config set_gid: 500
config set_uid: 500
config umask: 066
config verbose
config reference_net: 10.0.0.0/8
input unified2
output alert_fast: alert
output database: log, mysql, user=x password=x dbname=x host=x.x.x.x
sensor_name=x

Thank you!

MA