Snort mailing list archives

Re: RedBorder IDS / A bit disappointed... (maybe someone can help & clarify?)

From: Jaime Nebrera <jnebrera () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:27:12 +0200

  Again, for the benefit of the list:

  Hi giles,

  Have you read the fastpath install guide?

http://redborder.net/fastpath-install-guide/

You need configure the manager using rb_sysconf to set networking and cluster issues even if there is only a node (single mode). All services in the manager (mysql, rabbitmq, chef-*, drbd, etc) depend on a working cluster (rgmanager and cman services), this configurations are created by rb_sysconf automatically using a wizard in the 'System configuration' menu.

  Please, read the official manual too:

http://redborder.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/redBorder_IPS-2.2-Reference_Manual-en-US.pdf

On the other hand, you need to know that we don't guarantee that the redBorder sensor works well in a virtual environment because the pf_ring support in the virtual network module.

If you don't want to see the message "ttyS0 main process ..., respawning" remove the file "/etc/init/ttyS0.conf" and reboot.

  Regards.