Snort mailing list archives

Re: Quick Android/Fakelash.A!tr.spy sig

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2012 19:51:38 -0400

Thanks James. I'll see if we have pcaps.

--
Joel Esler

On Sep 21, 2012, at 5:14 PM, James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net> wrote:

Maybe add the /data.php?action=add?  Not sure...sanity checked, but not
much more as I don't have pcaps.

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"MALWARE-CNC
Android/Fakelash.A!tr.spy trojan command and control channel traffic";
flow:to_server,established; content:"=hithere"; content:"=1234";
fast_pattern:only; http_uri; metadata:policy security-ips drop, service
http;
reference:url,http://blog.fortiguard.com/android-malware-distributed-by-malicious-sms-in-france/;
classtype:trojan-activity; sid:10000028; rev:1;)

As always, comments and improvements welcome.  Thanks all!

James