Snort mailing list archives

Re: Monitoring via bonded interfaces; allowed or problematic?

From: Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 05:34:02 +0000

I've run a bonded setup of 3 interfaces into one and it ran fine..

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM, Turnbough, Bradley E.
<bturnbough () belcan com> wrote:
I’d like to run snort against a bond0 interface.  I haven’t attempted it
yet, so I don’t know if it’ll cause problems.  I’d like to run the bond as a
active/backup setup.  Would this cause problems with Snort?

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may
be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in
any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited.
Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the
message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer
system. Your assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest Snort
news!