Snort mailing list archives

Snort sensor general?

From: Corbin Fletcher <corbin () freeway com>
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 10:48:47 -0700

Hello All,

I have be preforming some initial research into the capability of a Snort sensor. My working knowledge of Snort is quite limited.

Considering that we want to implement Snort as an NIDS, my question is, can Snort monitor for file creation in directory /var/www/html/admin/ on a remote host?

For example, we have Snort running at the edge of our network and we have physical servers host-00 and host-01. We need Snort to send an email alert if a file is created or modified (unwanted manipulation) in /var/www/html/admin/ on host-00 and host-01.

Is it possible to configure Snort to check file system integrity and how is this achieved?

Thanks in Advance...in guidance is much appreciated.
--
Corbin Fletcher
*Freeway Communications LLC*