Snort mailing list archives

Re: Error in snort.conf for snort 2.9.2.2?

From: Matt Watchinski <mwatchinski () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 11:31:01 -0400

While the tds port is bound to 1521, content connections are given a
dynamic port after connect, which can be anything above 1024:

Cheers,
-matt

On Tue, Jun 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM, Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu> wrote:

I just upgraded one of our sensors to 2.9.2.2.  I was reviewing the
snort.conf file to see what changes might need to be made in our conf file.
I noticed that the portvar ORACLE_PORTS had been changed from 1521 to 1024.
Is this an oversight?  Or does Sourcefire know something I don't know.
AFAIK the Oracle default port has not changed and is still 1521.

--
Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest