Snort mailing list archives

Re: Is the reputation preprocessor still experimental?

From: "Guillaume Daleux" <guillaume.daleux () abovesecurity com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 08:53:15 -0400

Hello,

For information, we use it for two months in a preproduction environment
and it works very well. We have only one problem with the react keyword
which works in detection rules but not with reputation rule.

preprocessor reputation: blacklist ip_reputation, scan_local
config react: /usr/local/IDS/snort/snortIPS1/conf/block.html

with rule :

drop ( msg: "REPUTATION_EVENT_BLACKLIST"; sid: 1; gid: 136; rev: 1;
react; )

Thanks you