Snort mailing list archives

Re: syslog

From: Andrea Venturoli <ml () netfence it>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 11:47:32 +0200

On 06/06/12 15:58, Jarrett Carver wrote:
Andrea,

I don't believe LOG_SECURITY is a valid facility to use in the output
alert_syslog. If you look in
~/snort-2.9.2.3/src/output-plugins/spo_alert_syslog.c you will see that
only the following facility keywords are available to the syslog output:

     log_auth
     log_authpriv
     log_daemon
     log_local0
     log_local1
     log_local2
     log_local3
     log_local4
     log_local5
     log_local6
     log_local7
     log_user

I would recommend changing the facility in your snort.conf

Thanks, I did and now I got what I wanted.

Though I'm wondering why LOG_SECURITY is not there, if it could be added
and whether I should have seen an error, instead of a silent failure...

  bye & Thanks
        av.