Snort mailing list archives

Re: Security Onion and a new VLan?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:36:30 -0400

I don't mind Security Onion related conversations on the Snort lists Doug.  Especially when they are about Snort ;)

On May 30, 2012, at 2:20 PM, Doug Burks wrote:

Hi Corbin,

It sounds like you're getting packets into eth1, but there are no
processes running on that interface to sniff the traffic.  When you
ran Setup, did you specify that both eth0 and eth1 should be used for
monitoring?

Since this question is specific to Security Onion, we should probably
continue this discussion on the Security Onion mailing list:
http://groups.google.com/group/security-onion

Thanks,
Doug