Snort mailing list archives

Re: installation problems

From: Balasubramaniam Natarajan <bala150985 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 27 May 2012 12:14:33 +0530

Hi Giuseppe,

Try installing Libmysqlclient12-dev via synaptic Package manager,  it
should work then.

On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Giuseppe Triolo <
fastfouriertransform () hotmail com> wrote:

 Hi all . I am arrived on the page 9 of the maual snortinstallguide for
ubuntu 10.4 LTS.
I am inside the directory cd barnyard-2.19.  When i type on the termial
the command: sudo ./configure --with -mysql.  I receive the following
errors:
Error unable to find mysqlclient library (libmysqlclient.*)
checked in the followin places:
        /usr
        /usr/lib
        /usr/mysql
        /usr/mysql/lib
        /usr/lib/mysql
        /usr/local
        /usr/local/lib
        /usr/local/mysql
        /usr/local/mysql/lib
        /usr/local/lib/mysql
the system i am using is in V.M. ubuntu 12.04   32 bit desktop version
with all updates installed in and all the package of the requirements.
I have followed step by step the manual and all was correctly made by me.
Damn wath is the problem

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!

--