Snort mailing list archives

Re: snortsam patch for snort 2.9.2.2

From: Michael Scheidell <michael.scheidell () secnap com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 15:07:56 -0400

On 4/9/12 12:51 PM, Robert Z wrote:
Hi all,

This is a snortsam patch for snort 2.9.2.2 that I did this morning. This was tested on a Ubuntu machine, no build issues.

Michael if this works out for you, ask Frank to upload this file to snortsam.net.

make -DWITH_SNORTSAM works with a patch to FreeBSD port (ie: patch applies cleanly)
running in a tinderbox right now.

seems to work:  I will open a pr for it and ask Frank to host it.

2012/04/09, 15:03:44, 127.0.0.1, 2, snortsam, Blocking host 222.186.12.162 completely for 86400 seconds (Sig_ID: 2010935).

pfw table 3 list | grep 222.186.12.162
222.186.12.162/32 0

Thanks Robert.

ps, anyone with FreeBSD anxious to test it, update your ports tree, and then apply this patch to ../security/snort:

http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell/snort.patch

(I would do this: mostly makes sense if you are running the older one with snortsam output in snort.conf:

cd /usr/ports/security/snort
curl http://people.freebsd.org/~scheidell/snort.patch | patch -EuIN && rm *.orig
make config && make deinstall reinstall
service snort restart