Snort mailing list archives

Re: Testing snort

From: Romskie L <rslaranjo () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 13:57:47 +0800

Hi Sandip,

The error says you need to install flex. If you are using ubuntu, you
can apt-get install flex to install it.

Regards,

Rommel L.

On Fri, May 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Sandip Bankewar
<sbankewar () cloudaccess com> wrote:
Hi Nick,

Yes I have installed tcpreplay successfully on Linux. Thanks for your help.

While installing libpcap I am getting following error:

configure: error: Your operating system's lex is insufficient to compile

libpcap.  flex is a lex replacement that has many advantages, including

being able to compile libpcap.  For more information, see

http://www.gnu.org/software/flex/flex.html.

Could you please help me out.

Regards,

Sandip Bankewar