Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort rules error out

From: Nick Moore <nmoore () sourcefire com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2012 20:35:08 -0500

Also, I notice that you have torules instead of sorules in your path. While it may not have caused this error, it be an
issue later.

Sent from a typo-prone mobile

Nick Moore
Sourcefire SE
708-336-9041

On Apr 8, 2012, at 8:08, Alex Kirk <akirk () sourcefire com> wrote:

Check that you've not got an incomplete line somewhere above that in your snort.conf. I've seen odd issues like this
happen if you've got a line with a trailing " \ " on it, making Snort read further lines improperly and generally
screwing things up.