Snort mailing list archives

Re: filter http traffic

From: Balasubramaniam Natarajan <bala150985 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 23:37:30 +0530

One small question I doubt it that is possible because when I type in
google.com the browser automatically switches over to
https://www.google.co.in/ so in that case we may not be able to trace it.

@kenterer1, Does you browser switch to https on google.com ?

On Sun, May 20, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com> wrote:

Yes, it is possible. I suggest capturing a packet flow of you doing the
search, then you should be able to see the structure of the query much
better.

--
Joel Esler