Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort tcp reset

From: Daniele Gallarato <daniele.gallarato () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:37:38 +0200

Sorry.

Anyone can address me to a documentation about tcp reset with flexresp3?

Thanks
Daniele

2012/5/4 Daniele Gallarato <daniele.gallarato () gmail com>

Yes.

I don't understand well the difference between flexresp3 (previously I've
used flexresp1, so I've tried to use flexresp3), and active-response.

If I configure

config response: device eth0 attempts 2

when snort hit a reset rule, it flood the network and I can't reach it
anymore...

Thanks

* Flexresp3 is new: the resp rule option keyword is used to configure
active

    ./configure --enable-flexresp3

    alert tcp any any -> any 80 (content:"a"; resp:<resp_t>; sid:1;)

* resp_t includes all flexresp and flexresp2 options:

    <resp_t> ::= \
        rst_snd | rst_rcv | rst_all | \
        reset_source | reset_dest | reset_both | icmp_net | \
        icmp_host | icmp_port | icmp_all

See README.flexresp3 for more.