Snort mailing list archives

Re: Reputation preproc question

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 13:26:18 -0400

Currently you can have one list. However we are working on something right now to fix your requirements.

Thanks.

--
Joel Esler

On Apr 27, 2012, at 11:23 AM, Jim Hranicky <jfh () ufl edu> wrote:

Is it possible to use multiple preproc files and somehow tie
blacklisted events to the file in question? Like so:

  preprocessor reputation: \
    blacklist /etc/snort/bl/dsheild \
    blacklist /etc/snort/bl/shadowserver

Alerts:

  Blacklisted DSheild IP
  Blacklisted ShadowServer IP

From the examples it looks like we only can enable alerts for
all black/whitelist events.

If not can I put in a feature request :-) ?

--
Jim Hranicky
IT Security Engineer