Snort mailing list archives

Re: rules download problems

From: JJC <cummingsj () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 10:42:54 -0600

There is an issue with the opensource.tar.gz file right now, it's being
looked into.  Thanks for the report!

On Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 9:25 AM, John York <YorkJ () brcc edu> wrote:

When I run PP, I'm getting the following error.  This has been happening
for the last two days.  I've verified that our oink code hasn't changed and
our subscription is current, and waited several hours between attempts.

Checking latest MD5 for snortrules-snapshot-2922.tar.gz....
       They Match
       Done!
Prepping rules from snortrules-snapshot-2922.tar.gz for work....
       Done!
Checking latest MD5 for opensource.gz....
       A 403 error occurred, please wait for the 15 minute timeout
       to expire before trying again or specify the -n runtime switch
       You may also wish to verfiy your oinkcode, tarball name, and other
configuration options
       Error 403 when fetching
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/opensource.gz.md5 at /usr/local/bin/
pulledpork.pl line 453
       main::md5file('<oink code deleted>', 'opensource.gz', '/tmp/', '
https://www.snort.org/reg-rules/&apos;) called at /usr/local/bin/pulledpork.plline 1758

thanks
John

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest