Snort mailing list archives

Re: umask interpreted backwards in "-m umask" option?

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 11:13:30 -0400

On Linux, check `man 2 umask` to see how that works.

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 10:23 AM, Shaiming Hsiung <shaiming.hsiung () gmail com
wrote:

Hello,

 Snort run as a superuser typically dumps logs with 0600 permissions.

 I am trying to make them readable also by other users in the group.
However, when running:

 $ sudo snort --daq ipq -Q -d -m 0640 -c my.snort.conf -l my/log/dir/

the log files have permissions:
instead of

 It seems that the octal digits are being interpreted backwards.
Is that a bug?

 Snort version is 2.9.1.2.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!