Snort mailing list archives

Almost 4000 rules cleaned?

From: elof () sentor se
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:06:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I read about your rules cleanup and re-categorization effort and have a
question:

Is it correct that in the last few days, almost 4000 rules have been
commented out (in 2.9.0) and thereby disabled by default?

I just want to make sure this is not a misconfiguration in any
rules-management system before taking action and disabling this many
rules in one go.

In short:
Is this part of the cleanup or is something wrong?

/Elof