Snort mailing list archives

ARP Processor Question

From: Qinwen Hu <qhu009 () aucklanduni ac nz>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 08:20:41 +1300

Hi All:

I have used Snort-2.9.1.1 and try to enable the "ARP" preprocessor, after I
have enable the "preprocessor arpspoof: -unicast", I used the snort to read
some trace file, which has ARP request, according to the snort manual, it
explains that "When "-unicast" is specified as the argument of arpspoof,
the preprocessor checks for unicast ARP requests. An alert with GID 112 and
SID 1 will be generated if a unicast ARP request is detected".

But when I check my /var/log/snort", I still find my alert file is empty.

so I just wonder is any configuration that I did wrong, why snort can't
detect the arp request??

Thanks for your time.

Regards

Steven