Snort mailing list archives

snort-2.9.2.1 NFQ mode performance poor

From: tingwei liu <tingw.liu () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 17:44:08 +0800

Snort installed on Fedora core 15 system.
I test snort with NFQ.
#>iptables -A FORWARD -j NFQUEUE --queue-num 3
#>/usr/local/snort/bin/snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf --daq nfq -Q
--daq-var queue=3 --daq-dir=/usr/local/daq/lib/daq

If my linux system set to nat mode, performance is very good, forward
bandwidth almost 100Mbps.
But if my linux system set to bridge mode, performace is very poor, forward
bandwidth only 10kbps....
Why?

Thanks!