Snort mailing list archives

Snort.org Blog: The Vulnerability Research Team is hiring, we want YOU.

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2012 20:16:07 -0500

http://blog.snort.org/2012/02/vulnerability-research-team-is-hiring.html?m=0

The Vulnerability Research Team is hiring, we want YOU.

Alain wrote a post this morning over on the ClamAV blog, so I thought I'd do the same here on the Snort.org blog and
tell people we're hiring.

Have you ever written a Snort rule?  or wanted to?

Like messing about in the newest vulnerabilities or malware?  Like writing exploits?  Enjoy challenges like "Here's a
file that crashes , figure out why"?  Want to work with us to design what is next in Snort?  ClamAV?  Razorback?  Or
any of the above topics?

We want you.

Alain talked about what he liked about the VRT, so in addition to those, let me follow the same lines and talk about
what I like.

The smartest people I've ever met all in one room.  We get to bounce ideas off of each other, figure out strange ways
of fixing a problem, and come up with a solution.  That means anything from controlling EIP to how to write a rule to
compare two things from two different streams using flowbits.
We pride ourselves in doing things not only better than the competition, but more in the open too.
We work hard.  We play hard.  For instance, today, during break, we played kickball with a big yoga ball, and the ball
got stuck in a tree.  Yours truly climbed said tree and retrieved the ball.
Like working in an environment where it doesn't matter how you wind up at the result, as long as you get results?
If there's a problem that we don't have a solution for, we invent one.  Last thing we invented resulted in patents that
have our people's name on them.
Honestly there's way too many things to list.

Our currently open job listings are here.  But that's not even the complete list.  We're a growing company, with lots
of projects under our purview, and we need people, both junior and senior to be able to fill these roles.

If you like Snort, or ClamAV, or think you can learn, shoot us your resume at research [at] sourcefire [dot] com.

--
Joel Esler