Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort/Barnyard2 performance with remote DB

From: Jan Seidl <lists () heavyworks net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 16:29:59 -0300

Turki,

You may run the sql bench script

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/mysql-benchmarks.html

This will show query counts and times for your current configuration.

You may have different results within different combinations.

You may raise your Mysql throughput by tuning its parameters and you
may raise how many connections barnyard2 can make to the mysql server
by tuning OS specific params like maximum file descriptors, memory
limits and such.

HTH