Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort help

From: Nick Moore <nmoore () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 04:54:17 -0600

Jagan,

I believe you need two interfaces, not just eth0 to do inline. If your
second inline interface is eth1, then try something like this:

snort -D —daq afpacket -Q -c /usr/local/snort/etc/snort.conf -i eth0:eth1
-l /var/log/snort

Please note I didn't test it yet - have to build an inline setup for that
and didn't have the time this morning. You can also try looking at some of
the snort forums. There's been lots of discussion on this:

https://forums.snort.org/forums/snort-newbies/topics/how-to-work-with-snort-ips

Happy Snorting!

Nick