Snort mailing list archives

Re: BASE and Snorby running together

From: "Jefferson, Shawn" <Shawn.Jefferson () bcferries com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 14:42:06 -0700

It's just a way of viewing the data.

Unique Alerts shows a list of alerts triggered, the time and the number of events, drilling down into a particular
alert, you can then click "Unique IP Links" and get a listing of the unique src-dest IPs.  Typically this is only a
couple of IP links.

I didn't see this in Snorby on the web demo, at least, not that was immediately obvious.  It looked like a giant list
of all events (each event a line in the GUI, even though there are the same src to dest IP.)