Snort mailing list archives

Barnyard2 - CYGWIN - Windows Compile

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () winsnort com>
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2012 16:04:36 -0500

I've tried to leave a message with Firnsy, and a message in one of the
Google groups about getting this compiled, but no response.

I'll post in her to see if things can get cleared up. It appears that
Barnyard2 can be compiled for use with Windows, using CYGWIN as the
compiler.

https://github.com/firnsy/barnyard2/commit/f71a8d3136970aef184bbab071532a239
03584d2

I've checked out the latest code and  it does look like all the necessary
bits have been added to do this.

I've never used CYGWIN to compile. Suricata provides a guide on how to
compile for Windows. Barnyard2 should be doing this, but doesn't.

Is there anyone that can help in getting this compiled for use in Windows? I
will create a guide, and get it out to the masses so hopefully it will clear
up any confusion on how to do this in the future

Kindest regards,
Michael...