Snort mailing list archives

Re: SSL and Snort

From: Doug Burks <doug.burks () gmail com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2012 15:04:59 -0500

Is your .pem file PKCS#8 format by chance?  If so, you may need to
convert it to PKCS#1 format as shown here:
http://pauldotcom.com/2010/10/tsharkwireshark-ssl-decryption.html

Regards,
Doug

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 2:49 PM, PS <packetstack () gmail com> wrote:
I guess I may be doing it wrong. I tried to use the .pem file for "xyz.com" in wireshark and I was unable to decrypt
the traffic. I am not sure if it is due to the key file options. I am using the following: 192.168.2.1, 3128, http,
"key.pem". Since squid is running on 192.168.2.1 port 3128. I will try it again to see what I where I am messing up.

As for using ICAP for ClamAV, I think I can enable icap on the squid server and forward ALL of the request to clamv
so that I can sniff the unencrypted packets being sent to clamv. Problem is that I don't think that it would be a
good idea to have every single request go to ClamAV just for me to sniff the traffic.

I will try the wireshark approach again and then go from there. Thank you!