Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.1.2 exits on file upload

From: Russ Combs <rcombs () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 10:30:48 -0500

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Sudarshan Raghavan <
sudarshan.t.raghavan () gmail com> wrote:

I can see in the 2.8.5 sources that ipq_read error does not result in
snort exiting. It calls ipq_perror and continues to read. Is this an
ok behaviour to go back to. It is not ideal but having snort die is
not the best solution either. Can I get rid of the break in
PacketLoop?

What version of the DAQ tarball and IPQ DAQ (./snort --daq-list) are you
using?  That should have been fixed a while back.

Assuming you have the latest, if you are only running IPQ updating snort.c
is an option.  If you might run other DAQs, including pcap, suggest making
the change in the IPQ DAQ module itself (daq_ipq.c).

Also, it would be helpful if you could send the specific error so that can
be ignored.

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 7:18 PM, Sudarshan Raghavan