Snort mailing list archives

Re: request for changes to compile snort in Solaris

From: "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty org>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 22:15:28 +0000

I am not one of the Snort developers, but I have some experience and an opinion on this topic, so here goes.

I could not get earlier versions of Snort to compile correctly on Solaris. Period. If it successfully finished the make
process, the resulting file(s) would not run correctly. So, I don't run Solaris any more.

YMMV but I gave up.

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT