Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.9.1 memory usage

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 08:53:01 -0500

Did you modify your configuration file during the upgrade?

--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

On Jan 31, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Sudarshan Raghavan <sudarshan.t.raghavan () gmail com> wrote:

Please let me know if you need more information. I have also tried
running snort 2.9.1.2 with the set of rules used with snort 2.8.5 and
can still see that memory usage is quite high. Can something be done
when snort is being built to fix this? We need to run snort on
machines that have only 1G of RAM and the current memory usage is too
high for it.

Regards,
Sudarshan

On Tue, Jan 31, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Sudarshan Raghavan