Snort mailing list archives

Re: 2.9.2 Upgrade

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 17:12:41 -0500

Variables have never been allowed to be used in a preprocessor.

--
Joel Esler

On Thu, Jan 26, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Jeremy Hoel <jthoel () gmail com> wrote:

So while performing the upgrade from 2.9.0.5 to 2.9.2.1 we started to
get errors about the "ignore_scanners" IP list; which is part of the
sfportscsan preprocessor.  We are using variables in that list {$DNS,
$AD, $MAIL, $SCANNERS }.  Is there a reason that there was a change to
not allow the variables to be used in the config for these lines, but
to continue to be allowed to be used everywhere else?

Thanks.

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest
Snort news!

--