Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort.conf does not get installed?

From: Joel Esler <jesler () sourcefire com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:19:29 -0500

Yes, it is by design.

Check this link out for the latest snort.conf file:

http://blog.snort.org/2011/12/vrt-snortconf-example-files.html
--
Joel Esler
Senior Research Engineer, VRT

On Jan 18, 2012, at 9:02 PM, Jonathan S. Abrams wrote:

Hello,

I have installed Snort v2.9.2 on OSX v10.4.11.  While working on getting rules downloaded and installed, I discovered
that the snort.conf file that is included with the source code was not copied outside of the source code directory
during the installation process.  Is this by design?  I could not find a mention in the documents that the user would
have to manually move the included snort.conf file to /etc/snort/snort.conf.  Is that where snort.conf should really
be?

Thanks for reading!
Snort-users list archive: