Snort mailing list archives

Cannot access securixlive.com

From: Marty Pikor <martypikor () sbcglobal net>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 07:40:07 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,
I am a DePaul student attempting to perform an install of Snort IDS tool.  I
have Windows Vista and
thereby require a supplemental sw package called Barnyard2.  The problem is that
when I try to connect
to the link provided in the Snort website to get to the Barnyard2 sw,
http://www.securixlive.com/barnyard2/download.php,
I cannot access it.  I get an error "Connection Timed out".  Pings to
securixlive.com are failing also. Note that traceroute gets me all the way into
the Securixlive network, but then stops dead.  This confirms that the Web Server
itself is down.

Is there any other way I can obtain Barnyard2 software?

thanks,
Marty