Snort mailing list archives

Re: BOTNET-CNC Dropper Win32.Cefyns.A outbound connection triggered by domain parking

From: NA <dustypath () comcast net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:40:25 -0700

Yes I have hit this one also on : www165.sedoparking.com
It is listed on trustedsource.org with a high risk email reputation.
Bill B

On 10/5/11 10:33 AM, Jefferson, Shawn wrote:
Does anyone else see this signature (19123) triggered by domain parking pages?  Every single one I've seen is linked
to sedoparking.com and appears to be innocent.  Virustotal always reports "clean site" or "unrated site".  To me it
looks like this signature is alerting on an artefact of a malicious page, but this is not a unique thing to alert on.

www.victoriarollergirls.com is an example of what I'm talking about.  (careful just in case)