Snort mailing list archives

Re: Lotsa 13974

From: "Lay, James" <james.lay () wincofoods com>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 09:54:28 -0600

From: Alex Kirk [mailto:akirk () sourcefire com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:47 AM
To: Lay, James
Cc: snort-sigs () lists sourceforge net
Subject: Re: [Snort-sigs] Lotsa 13974

Whenever you've got something you're concerned is a false positive, we
need a PCAP to do any sort of diagnostics on the matter. I've seen you
specifically use the snort.org form, and that's been most helpful for us
dealing with issues like this. If you could send along PCAP data, via
whatever method you prefer, on these, that'd be great.

Hi Alex,

Last couple days I've tried to use the uploads link, but I get an error
and I'm not sure if it goes through or not.  I'll send along to the
research () sourcefire com instead.  Thanks Alex.

James