Snort mailing list archives

Re: How to check the trace file by using snort rule

From: Kevin Ross <kevross33 () googlemail com>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 22:47:07 +0100

Oh and use the emergingthreats.net rules too

On 4 October 2011 22:46, Kevin Ross <kevross33 () googlemail com> wrote:

snort -r PATH_TO_YOUR_PCAP -c PATH_TO_CONF/snort.conf -A console (this will
dump alerts to the console

On 4 October 2011 19:32, Qinwen Hu <qhu009 () aucklanduni ac nz> wrote:

Hi all:

I have captured some trace files, and I want to use snort read these
files, I find snort will read trace file and generate general report, such
as how many packets have used TCP protocols and UDP protocols. But I want to
check is any threat packets in my trace file by using Snort rules.
So my question is, are there any commands that I can use to check the
trace file by using the Snort rules. how to use Snort to do this.

Many Thanks for your time.

Regards

Steven

Please visit http://blog.snort.org to stay current on all the latest