Snort mailing list archives

IPVAR qustion

From: Qinwen Hu <qhu009 () aucklanduni ac nz>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 21:44:55 +1300

Hi All:

I am a new snort user, I am running my snort on our experiment machine,
which is using red-hat os. I have some problems to run the snort.conf file,
i got the error message  "snort.conf(39) Unknown Rule type: ipvar ". I
checked on google. most people mentioned that I have to run "./configure
--enable -ipv6", I tried to run this command, and it complied, but when I
run the "snort.conf" again, I still get the same error.

is anyone have any ideas what should I do to fix this problem?

Thanks

Regards

Steven