Snort mailing list archives

Shared Object Rule 15451

From: vincent () ragosta net
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 14:23:12 -0400

I am trying to locate some information regarding the following Conficker.C signature:

alert tcp $HOME_NET any -> $EXTERNAL_NET $HTTP_PORTS (msg:"EXPLOIT possible Conficker.C HTTP traffic 1"; sid:15451;
gid:3; rev:4; classtype:trojan-activity; reference:url,mtc.sri.com/Conficker/; metadata: engine shared, soid 3|15451,
service http;)

Can anyone tell me, exactly, what this rule is triggering off of?  I thought it might be the "Conficker C Peer-to-Peer
Detector" as outlined in:  http://mtc.sri.com/Conficker/contrib/plugin.html, but I compiled the code and the ports do
not match those in the payloads that this rule triggered on.

Thanks.