Snort mailing list archives

Confused about so_rules precompiled /snort version ? Will precompiled rules 2.9.0.5 work on snort 2.9.1 ?

From: Morgan Cox <morgancoxuk () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2011 10:33:46 +0100

Hi.

I am about to install snort on Centos 6

The version of snort is 2.9.1, i have the ruleset version
-  snortrules-snapshot-2905.tar.gz

I can see so_rules/precompiled/RHEL-6-0/x86-64/2.9.0.5

Does this mean that :-

a) It will work on Centos ?
b) Will the version of the precompiled so_rules rules work (2.9.0.5) with
the version of snort (2.9.1)

If not can I compile them? Or for an easy life should I just revet back to
snort 2.9.0.5 ?

Regards