Snort mailing list archives

Re: FATAL ERROR: /usr/local/etc/snort.conf(45) Unknown rule type: ipvar.

From: waldo kitty <wkitty42 () windstream net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 22:42:11 -0400

On 8/15/2011 22:22, Joel Esler wrote:
Look at the top of the snort.conf file. You should see our recommended compile
options.

FWIW: that would be the snort.conf distributed with the snort source code OR the
one included in the sourcefire rules archive... i forget where it is but i had
to go looking some time back because the snort.conf out installs were using was
a rather ancient one and (thankfully) it was not being overwritten when rules
and snort versions were updated... "thankfully" because our customizations would
have been lost and that would not have been a pretty picture with complaints
coming from several hundred thousand installs...

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 15, 2011, at 21:32, alexus <alexus () gmail com <mailto:alexus () gmail com>>