Snort mailing list archives

Sessionised data in preprocessors

From: apple cake <cakeblaster () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 00:26:11 +1000

When developing a snort preprocessor I have been accessing network data
through the 'packet' data structure. I assume that this data is not the
content of a session but just the just the content of a single packet. The
pattern I am seeking to detect could be spread across multiple packets. Is
sessionised data exposed to my preprocessor in any way? How can I access it
and are there any are caveats?

Thanks in advance.

cakeblaster.