Snort mailing list archives

How the rules are organized for packets matching?

From: "Peter Peng" <peterpy8 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 11:22:07 +0800

We aim to adopt the GPU using OpenCL to accelerate the pcre_exec() operation. How the rules are organized for packets
matching? As far as i see, the pcre_exec is called by function ruleMatch(void *p, Rule *rule), in which only one rule
will be used to test for the packet. I wonder there is a loop calling ruleMatch() with different rules? Thx.