Snort mailing list archives

Re: Barnyard2 not inputting portscans (was Unified Logging - BASE - Portscans)

From: James Lay <jlay () slave-tothe-box net>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 06:50:30 -0600

Just confirmed.....with going direct to mysql from snort with no barnyard,
I TOTALLY not only get a portscan entry, but also an "Open port: ****"
entry:

(portscan) TCP Portscan: 21:49157
(portscan) Open Port: 53

But now I see I even see yon "Portscan Traffic (< 1%) on the BASE
mainscreen.  Nice sleuthing job Michael!  I'll be sticking with direct to
db from snort until this is fixed.

James